Revolution speed sucks?

Brian Yennie briany at qldlearning.com
Sun Aug 10 18:48:00 EDT 2003

Amen!

BTW, I did indeed out of curiosity port the Perl code behind this
thread almost line-by-line into MetaTalk. The result? No matter how
hard I tried the Perl code ran at least 10% faster. Not a big
difference, but the MetaTalk was NOT a clear winner by any means.

That doesn't mean Perl is faster. But on this particular script, it
seems it's AT LEAST comparable.

Other tasks would get different results, different approaches could be
taken with each tool, BOTH scripts could be optimized, etc, etc. But
the point is, just because we love the speed of Rev, don't think that
other languages always have to stink.

Personally, I'd still pick MetaTalk over Perl for a lot of tasks. But
not all of them. And I wouldn't always make the right choice.

'Nuff said.

Brian