For true beginners

Michael Robinson mikkimi at mindspring.com
Sun Aug 10 14:50:00 EDT 2003

Ken & all on this thread.

There is my 2 cents worth. I am not a beginner or a pro, I am somewhere
in-between depending on what I am try to do (as my posting today about
the scroll-wheel on my mouse will tell you). I also started with
hypercard 1.x, but you could not build a standalone application with it
and that ended-up killing it for me.
But Revolution, what a program for people with little or no programing
skills! What is lacking is some documentation about how to (I am
thinking hypercard here) open stacks, look at how things work, print
the scripts and study them. I did this with a sample application that
come with Revolution  "Employe DataBase" written by Richard Gaskin
<ambassador at fourthworld.com>. Richard Gaskin's  work on this, with his
extensive comments on the why's, where's and how to write scripts to
execute no matter what platform you do a build for is just brilliant.
As I read through some of the postings here I can sometimes tell when
when other people are using "Employe DataBase" as a starting point and
if you have to start somewhere it does not get any better than "Employe
DataBase".

My hat's off to you Richard!

Just one more note to all the people at Revolution , I am very happy to
be involved with this program and company behind it. What I see a
development program in constant development (which was so unlike
hypercard) and has responded to all of my questions.

Viva La Revolution!

Mike Robinson