Script Limits

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Sat Aug 9 23:08:00 EDT 2003

This was a thread that was on the MetaCard list that generated a ton of
posts, and before anyone who is reading this for the first time thinks
that Rev is going to tweak the scriptlimits and start a new avalanche of
posts on THIS list, let me assure you that Kevin sent a follow-up email
yesterday that said (in part):

------------
I clearly misjudged just how controversial this proposal was going to
be. There was *never* any question of existing customers being unable to
access an engine that allowed this if they were already used to it.  I
thought that sentiment was clear from my original post.

That said, Richard is reading me like a book - we clearly won't be
enacting it any time soon.  And...if we do enact it in the future, we'll
work out *special arrangements for existing customers* with standalones
that are going to break. Note that, as indicated from in my original
email, we were, and will continue, to find ways to ensure that existing
customers don't lose out.  You are the people that have supported us
from the start, and as we change the model here and there to take on new
markets, you can expect: more features faster, more support options, and
a lot of effort in making our policies backward compatible

So basically: Everything's cool. There's nothing to see here... move
along... :-)

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com