Losing track of time

Howard Bornstein bornstein at designeq.com
Sat Aug 9 15:39:01 EDT 2003

>What are you using to calculate the exact timing?  Have you tried
>storing the seconds (or ticks) when the send is queued, capturing it
>when the message is sent, and calculating elapsed time?

Nah, I'm doing it very low-tech. I start the timer exactly on the hour
and when it chimes I look at my system clock! I can see it's off by a few
seconds. I guess I'm used to today's digital watches that are accurate to
a minute a month. That's accurate to 2 seconds a day, not an hour.

I don't mean to make a big deal out of this. I'm just surprised I'm
losing time. If it turns out that the play command is blocking, it will
explain everything.

Howard Bornstein