revOpenDatabase question.

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 8 23:26:01 EDT 2003

--- Andre Garzia <soapdog at mac.com> wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> i am using de 30-day-trial edition and
> revOpenDatabase is returning:
> "revdberr, restricted under current license" what
> does that mean? I can
> try to use this command?
>
> cheers
> Andre Garzia  2003
> imac2 ibook p100 e uma torradeira....

Hi Andre,

If you're using Revolution 2.0.2, have you tried
downloading the latest updates ?
http://www.runrev.com/revolution/downloads/distributions/2.0/updates/

There are (or were, I'm not sure) some restrictions on
database connections, among which the ability to make
connections to multiple databases of the same type
(eg: connecting via MySQL to databases "test1" and
"test2" at the same time, without closing the previous
connection)

Hope this gets you closer to a solution,

Jan Schenkel.

=====