Externals [was: How to place revVideograbber bundle inside of the app bundle? ]

Brian Yennie briany at qldlearning.com
Fri Aug 8 22:40:01 EDT 2003

> Won´t work. When trying to load the externals the defaultfolder is
> outside
> of the app bundle (is it called package in english? It is Paket in
> german)
> So this would expect the external in a nasty little folder called
> contents/MacOS/ which lives next door to myapp.app This folder doesn´t
> exist
> so revvideograbber.bundle can´t be found. :-)
> (I created one, nasty monster... Guess I need some sleep)

Sorry, it's actually:

"./MyApp.app/Contents/MacOS/revvideograbber.bundle"

Bundles *are* folders- your application actually appears to be a folder
to the file system.
Control-click on your app and choose "Show Package Contents" and you'll
see what lies beneath.

In any case, it won't work on other platforms.

Brian