Externals [was: How to place revVideograbber bundle inside of the app bundle? ]

Malte Brill malte.brill at t-online.de
Fri Aug 8 19:31:00 EDT 2003

Hi Alex,Jacqueline and all,

took some time to experiment this for a while and want to post a small
report:

[snip]
>In that case, use the startup handler to parse
>the name of the app just as you've been doing it, and then use the
>parsed application name as the first part of the path.
[/snip]

Doesn´t work. Seems to ignore the startUp Handler also...

[snip]
>Oh wait... *I think* this will work: set the externals to just
>"revvideograbber.bundle" (no path). And put the revvideograbber.bundle
>into the folder Your.app/Contents/MacOS , right alongside the actual
>executable.
[/snip]

A pitty it doesn´t work. It thinks the defaultfolder is outside the App
bundle. :-(
So I decided to look at the parsed app name and if it is not the name of my
app I pop up an answer dialog on preOpenStack, telling users to rename the
file back to its original name and then quit (Doesn´t satisfy me).

2nD Issue:Os 9.

Created a stack 1 substack wich executes the external stuff.
Build as distribution with substack embedded, checked include "all other",
works.

When the second stack is not an embedded substack but loaded on openstack
the external functions break...

Couldn´t check for Windows and Linux/Unix...

Regards,

Malte