RTE bug? [was Re: "Preview screen" button]

Graham graham.samuel at wanadoo.fr
Fri Aug 8 08:51:01 EDT 2003

On Thu, 7 Aug 2003 13:41:09 -0500, "John R. Brauer" <drjohn at wellminds.org>
wrote:

>Message: 7
>Subject:
>[...]
>on mouseenter
>    set the icon of button "PreviewButton" to image id 1392
>    set showIcon of button "PreviewButton" to true
>end mouseenter
>
>When I try to do this, it not only does not work, but the entire Rev
>environment crashes immediately. Can anyone replicate this? And more
>importantly, can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?

Klaus Major has already answered your actual query -

>set the icon of button "PreviewButton" to 1392
>
>   ### You only need the "naked" id number ;-)

My comment is that this just happened to me yesterday, in a very slightly
different form. I had the name of an image in a variable, and this
statement crashed RunRev:

set the icon of btn "theGIF" of cd "Demo" to image ATgCurrentGIF of cd
"GIFWell"

As with John's problem, it was the token 'image' that caused the crash.

I found it totally repeatable - I think it's a bug in the engine. IMO,
**no** syntactically incorrect statement should crash RunRev, but this is
certainly what happens on my configuration (PC with Windows XP Home
Edition, French). This is all the more disturbing since logically the use
of the token 'image' appears to be correct - it appears to be an
eccentricity of the language that one **doesn't** have to put 'image' at
this point.

If people agree it's a bug, I guess I will bugzilla it, although I have not
used bugzilla up to now because of the negative PR it's had on the list
(will it work on my totally standard copy of MSIE on this PC?)

Graham