Revolution speed sucks?

Alex Rice alrice at ARCplanning.com
Fri Aug 8 01:43:01 EDT 2003

On Friday, August 8, 2003, at 12:16  AM, Dar Scott wrote:

>> put fld "winners" into theWinners
>
>> repeat for each line theLine in theWinners
>
> I think what he is saying is that that is equivalent to this
>
>    repeat for each line theLine in fld "winners"
>
> and that the compiler essentially does what you have.

Ah. Smart compiler. For some reason I was assuming that in this form

repeat for each line theLine in fld "winners"

that the field would be accessed at each loop iteration. Which would be
a terrible hit. But yes, since the speed is the same with both forms,
it must be doing what Björnke says- making a temporary var with the
contents of the field.

Thanks Dar and Björnke.

Alex Rice, Software Developer
http://ARCplanning.com