Arrays and custom properties

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Fri Aug 8 01:16:01 EDT 2003

On Thursday, August 7, 2003, at 11:52 PM, Mark Brownell wrote:

> They are already encrypted. They would just lack the final speed hit.
> It comes down to how much might be saved by doing it later in a
> different loop at a different time. This goes to storage as binary
> verses read from binary. I will need to test different approaches;
> completing the final process in Blowfish before storage or completing
> the final process after retrieving from storage.

I have another moment.

I was thinking of combining the loops so you take 8 bytes, convert to
xL and xH, encrypt/decrypt, convert to 8 bytes and accumulate all in
one cycle.  There is no array.  (This ignores the end of the string; I
left that for you.)

That assumes ECB mode, but you can easily adapt it to other modes.

> Have a great weekend break, thanks.

Thank you.

Dar Scott

****