Revolution speed sucks?

Brian Yennie briany at qldlearning.com
Thu Aug 7 19:43:01 EDT 2003

I also didn't mean to bash anyone back, if that's how it came across.
In any case, I just didn't want Andy to feel singled out or shot back
at.

Now that we've all kissed and made up, back to it!

Andy, I downloaded your Perl script and it's actually quite readable
for Perl (which is in fact a great language despite the relative
unreadability). Do you mind if I try doing a direct port into a Rev
command-line script? I'm curious to see how the speed compares with
almost identical scripts in the two different languages.

This seems like me like a good opportunity to do two things:

a) Test the raw engine speed by porting the Perl script as-is (it looks
like it can be translated line-by-line pretty well)

b) See if there are any Rev tricks to make it even faster

Andy, do you mind if I use your Perl script as a basis for some of this
comparing? I'd of course share all of the results.

Brian