Marketing Rev in Other Worlds

HyperChris at aol.com HyperChris at aol.com
Thu Aug 7 19:09:01 EDT 2003

Very good point Dan Shafer.

Rev almost needs a separate marketing, packaging, support and documentation
approach for the mass market (and getting Apple to feature it or, dare I say,
bundle it ... wouldn't hurt). I would not try and remove any of its basic
features but rather put a different face on it for them.

The existing program is wonderful but it is oriented towards US and not THEM
and THEY have a lot more money !

Dan Shafer writes:

<<The real sweet spot market for Revolution, as it was

for HyperCard and the other xCard products, is what I have long been

referring to as the Inventive User (IU). IUs are people who:

1. Know their computers can do so much more to help them with their

work than anyone has yet made them do.

2. Are smart and creative.

3. Can envision the solutions.

4. Are not professionally trained programmers or at least if they were

at one point no longer earn their living coding

5. Probably working in a team or workgroup setting where they are the

local IT department

Those folks -- and there are millions of them -- NEED Revolution.

Badly. But they're not going to take the time to tinker and learn the

product after opening Revolution and being faced with a blank screen

and a bunch of loosely connected floating palettes. Heck, they don't

even get a blank stack window let alone a starting point. >>