User Contributions reopened

Wilhelm Sanke sanke at hrz.uni-kassel.de
Thu Aug 7 16:37:00 EDT 2003

After holidays of a month or a transition period because of the latest
developments User Contributions has been reopened yesterday.

There are already some new stacks available, among them an educational
game "Magic Triangle" from my workshop, which, however, is by no means
as sophisticated as Shari's "Blackjack Gold" example - as it has other
objectives.

Magic Triangle is a computerized card-board game - an example of
materials used in so-called "progressive education" for individualized
instruction - originally used for faster third graders (as it were,
college-bound third graders), but which can be also exacting for adults
with actice brain cells who wish to postpone Alzheimer.

The "historical context" part of the introduction points out the
affinities of the program to the principles of "progressive education",
provides some information about what "progressive education" meant and
means today, and supplies some web addresses of modern educational
software in the U.S.A. and the U.K.

"Ten minutes a day keeps Alzheimer away!"

As it uses the windowshape property, at least Rev 2.01 or Metacard 2.5
are required.

There is another stack for testing your memory span, your "short term
memory", which - as tests have shown - can even be addictive. This stack
still needs some finishing touches before I go public with it.

Regards,

Wilhelm Sanke