Revolution speed sucks?

Brian Yennie briany at qldlearning.com
Thu Aug 7 15:36:01 EDT 2003

Woah guys, let's not bash the new guy quite so quickly.

I know we all love Revolution and don't like to hear that something
"sucks", but:

* He asked for advice, got it, and thanked everyone repeatedly for it

* He already posted the URL for his perl script

* He readily admits that the difference may be that his perl script was
better written!

* He and several list members have all acknowledged that tacking a GUI
onto the process makes it much slower, regardless of the scripting
language underneath it.

He hasn't exactly been rude or bashed Rev. If someone really feels
threatened, feel free to write a Rev command-line script based on the
Perl one and see how it does.

Brian