Script Limits and solid IDE evolution!

Wolfgang M. Bereuter wmb at internettrainer.com
Thu Aug 7 13:18:01 EDT 2003

Hi Benrhard,

On Thursday, Aug 7, 2003, at 16:09 Europe/Vienna,
revolution at knowledgeworks.plus.com wrote:

> Runrev should instead be publicising Revolution.  And this means
> attending other than Mac-only events - unfortunate as it may be to Mac
> and Linux users, Win32 still massively dominates the desktop.  The
> whole xCard/xTalk paradigm is virtually unknown to Win32
> users/developers.  This is where they need to market, and it is
> precisely the people in this market who need the opportunity to
> understand the xCard paradigm that the Starter Kit provided.

Its not so often that I have to defend the RR marketing and
distribution policy...;))
But you are talking here about a small company not Adobe, MM or M$. Do
you have any idea how much money does this cost what you proposing...?
A small company like RR, can only go into an exactly defined niche and
start crowing... It impossible to go to the whole world market against
M$ .net, IBM, Borland and all this companies on the woldmarket. Even
Adobe with a big marketing budget was not really able to get a "real"
marketshare with Indesign against Xpress in 2 years. Example: in
Germany they have checked award wining books, with what tool they have
been layouted... It not represantativ for the whole world market but it
shows haw difficult it is to go in occupied market.  48 or 49 from 50
books have been made with Xpress.

regards
Wolfgang M. Bereuter

Learn easy with trainingsmaps©
INTERNETTRAINER Wolfgang M. Bereuter
Edelhofg. 17/11, A-1180 Wien, Austria
http://www.internettrainer.com, wmb at internettrainer.com
Tel: ++43/1/ 961 0418, Fax: ++43/1/ 479 2539