DLL Absence

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Aug 7 11:56:02 EDT 2003

Alex Rice wrote:

> re: your choices. I know C, Objective-C, (some) C++ and Java but my
> productivity is just off-the-scale when I'm using Revolution as opposed
> to those other languages!

For this reason I envy one feature from ToolBook:  the ability to make
direct system API calls right in the scripting language.

This is dependent on declaring types, but ToolBook did a good job of that
allowing scripting calls and API calls in the same script using the
conventions of the language wherever possible.

Hopefully one day we'll see the same in Rev....

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World Media Corporation