Database management

revolution at knowledgeworks.plus.com revolution at knowledgeworks.plus.com
Thu Aug 7 08:14:00 EDT 2003

Andre,

Here is my understanding of your situation:
you have a W2K box which is where your database is located.  If you are working locally at the screen of this computer (either physically at the machine, or via something like Terminal Services), then you can access the DB on that machine from your Rev program also running locally on that machine.  However, when you go to another PC and try to access the DB remotely from the second machine, you get your "unavailable datasource" error.

Assuming I have understood the situation correctly, then the answer is: you need to define a datasource on EVERY machine where your Rev app is running.  An ODBC app looks for the locally-defined ODBC datasources to find how to connect to the remote DB.

I hope that helps.

Bernard