How do I stop app's files from being opened by Rev?

Barry Levine themacguy at macosx.com
Wed Aug 6 17:14:01 EDT 2003

I've created a standalone app with two other stacks that "belong" to
that app. I'd like to prevent Rev from opening either of those two
files. In fact, Furthermore, I want those files to be opened by the
standalone procedurally from within the app and -not- by a double-click
on either file.

I can't make these two stacks sub-stacks as information contained
within the stacks must be modfied and saved periodically.

I'm guessing that, on the Mac, I'd drop the two apps inside the
"package" of the app. I remember seeing a reference how to do this in
the list and I'll search for it.

On Windows, I haven't a clue. I don't want to change which program
opens the file because that seems to change it for all Rev files on the
drive. As I said, I want to control what gets opened and when from
within the main app.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Barry