Console mode apps

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Wed Aug 6 17:06:00 EDT 2003

On Wednesday, August 6, 2003, at 03:40 PM, Pierre Sahores wrote:

> Win32 is able to host such apps too, as long as the apps are launched
> in graphical mode, even id they are only working just as *NIX deamon
> apps would do.

I have run standalones as services with the service gui on and off.  I
have used them as command-line apps, too.  Both seem to be discouraged.
  It would be great to simply run the engine without the full gui.  It
would be great to have command-line parsing and stdin and stdout
working right, too.

Is there a special engine for this?  Where do I find it?

Dar Scott