How to place revVideograbber bundle inside of the app bundle?

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Aug 6 16:41:00 EDT 2003

On 8/6/03 4:18 PM, Alex Rice wrote:

> On Wednesday, August 6, 2003, at 01:04  PM, J. Landman Gay wrote:
>
>>  If the external is located inside the MacOS folder which is inside
>> the Contents folder, the relative path would be:
>>
>>  myApp.app/Contents/MacOS/myExternal.bundle
>>
>> The path you mention above would also work, if you want to keep the
>> external inside the Resources folder instead, but you need to add
>> "myApp.app/" in front of it.
>

> But this is the goal: We want the external inside the app bundle, AND
> allow the app to still run OK if the user renames myApp.app to
> whateverApp.app.

Sorry, I wasn't thinking. In that case, use the startup handler to parse
the name of the app just as you've been doing it, and then use the
parsed application name as the first part of the path.

The only thing I'm not sure about, and haven't ever tried, is whether
"the filename of this stack" will return anything on startup, since
technically there is no stack open yet. Let us know how it goes.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com