How to place revVideograbber bundle inside of the app bundle?

Alex Rice alrice at ARCplanning.com
Wed Aug 6 09:52:00 EDT 2003

On Wednesday, August 6, 2003, at 07:58  AM, Malte Brill wrote:

> Hi Alex,
> Thanks for your assistance. :-)
> Today I had the time to fiddle around with this.
> It works great, but renaming the app´s executable breaks it. :-(
>
> I tried setting the externals of the stack at runtime in the openstack
> handler.
> (looked for the first item of the effective filename that has .app as
> the
> last four chars, then took that item, added
> "/Contents/Resources/revvideograbber.bundle" to it and then set the
> externals of that stack to the result...)
>
> Refuses to work...

I hadn't though of that but now I can see it would cause problems. In
this method the "Your.app" part is actually hardcoded into the
externals property. I think one cannot set the externals property at
run-time in a handler, it's too late by then. No workarounds that I
know of.

Oh wait... *I think* this will work: set the externals to just
"revvideograbber.bundle" (no path). And put the revvideograbber.bundle
into the folder Your.app/Contents/MacOS , right alongside the actual
executable.

Alex Rice, Software Developer
http://ARCplanning.com