Http proxy

tkuypers at pandora.be tkuypers at pandora.be
Wed Aug 6 05:01:05 EDT 2003

For some reason leaving the http-proxy empty prevents RR to use the
default-settings of explorer on my XP pc.

So I looked into the registry and found the entry containing the
proxy-settings:

  put queryRegistry
  ("HKEY_CURRENT_User\Software\Microsoft\Windows\
  CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ProxyServer") into vProxy

  set the HTTPProxy to vProxy

This works fine when there actually is a proxy set, but on a second PC I set
the lan settings of explorer to "automatically detect settings".
Now it doesn't work anymore, vProxy is empty and there is no connection
anymore.

Does anyone know how to get the HTTTPproxy to work when "automatically
detect settings" is choosen?

Many thanks in advance,

Ton Kuypers