Revolution speed sucks? Combined reply.

Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Tue Aug 5 23:00:01 EDT 2003

> Monte and others,
>
> My .rev stack is available at
> http://mywebpages.comcast.net/foxcat/OmniLotto.rev
>
> There are bugs in it so  for best results go to the Prefs stack first and
> click the OK button then press the Start button on the mainstack.
> I'm still
> scratching my head on that issue.
>
> I'm happy to share the magic, just be forwarned! ;-)
>
> My PERLotto perl script (for comparison) is also available at my website:
>
> http://mywebpages.comcast.net/foxcat at the bottom of the site.
>
> Being new to Revolution, it's certain that my learning curve has caused
> faults in developing the stack.
>
> All the best,
>
> Andy

Hmmm.. I don't reammy know what the script is doing but I can see heaps of
times where you are referencing a line in the field during your repeat loop.
A much faster way to do things (and keep the color coding that you have)
would be to use the htmlText property and build the contents of the field in
one big variable rather than putting each line into the field individualy. A
potentially even faster option would be to use a numbered array with each
element representing a line. The engine can access the 1000th array element
as fast as it can the 1st. Then use the combine command just before setting
the htmlText of the field in one hit.

Hope that all makes sense ;-) Sarah's speed stack should be a good help.

Cheers

Monte