Teams

Steve Gehlbach steve at nexpath.com
Tue Aug 5 21:36:00 EDT 2003

Dar Scott wrote:

> Now is it more progress or less progress if my code is half the size it
> was the day before?

Ha Ha! I knew this could be a touchy subject. IMHO, this is progress.
It indicates to me reaching a point where you have organized the problem
or solution better, probably reduced much code to subroutines or
methods, simplified the solution in a more elegant manner.  It could of
course mean you completely misunderstood the problem and had to start
over, but I will give you the benefit of the doubt.

But I think with CVS you look for change.  But you do have to be
careful, you frequently will get a lot of whatever you measure.  So if
you merely measures lines, then a clever and cynical person will simply
unroll loops and subs, and generate a lot of code.

-Steve