serial Import, no Nulls?

Sarah sarahr at genesearch.com.au
Mon Aug 4 23:19:01 EDT 2003

On Tuesday, August 5, 2003, at 01:36  am, R. Hillen wrote:

> So it is possible for me to read 8-bit-Data incl. NULs from the serial
> port using Windows or Mac OS.
> On Mac OSX I have from my old Mac-OS-days a serial stealth-adapter and
> found for it a OSX driver. But until now I didnt succeed in using it.
> Probably someone on the list knows more about it?

Serial comms under OS X are a bit dodgy but I have had some success.
They work completely differently under OS X to OS 9 or Windows. Check
the docs for driverNames, open drive, close driver, read from driver,
write to driver and hopefully you might get somewhere. If your adapter
is listed when you query the driverNames, then you will probably be OK,
but I'd be very interested to see how you get on.

Remember to use the third item of the driverNames line as your driver
i.e. the one with cu in the name.

Cheers,
Sarah
sarahr at genesearch.com.au