visual effects/copy to clipboard/print field

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Aug 4 20:58:01 EDT 2003

On 8/4/03 6:54 PM, Thomas Cole wrote:

> I have solved all my serious problems with my stack. It's miraculous. It
> runs on 98/XP/Mac 9/OSX. I can't believe how well it works. This thing is
> great.

Even after a few years, that "wow" factor is still with me. It really is
a wonder.

> I  do need to know why my visual effects have disappeared. I'd like them
> back, but they're not essential. Wipe right.... etc.

A common mistake is to put the visual effect in quotes. HyperCard
required it; Revolution forbids it. Take out any quotation marks you may
have around visual effects, even if they are more than one word.

> Also in converting my HC stack, my button COPY TO CLIPBOARD that used to
> copy the contents of a field to the clipboard doesn't work and and I still
> don't have a way to print that same field.

Use "the clipboardData" or the clipboardData["text"] to put text into
the clipboard (text is the default, so you don't need to specify the
array element in this one case.) You can put other kinds of things into
the clipboard by specifying the element, for example:

   put img "myPicture" into the clipboardData["image"]

See the docs about "clipboardData" for more.

See "revPrintField" for printing the contents of a field.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com