How to place revVideograbber bundle inside of the app bundle?

Alex Rice alrice at ARCplanning.com
Mon Aug 4 11:13:00 EDT 2003

On Monday, August 4, 2003, at 06:42  AM, Malte Brill wrote:
> What I would like is to place the library inside of the app package,
> so the
> User doesn´t see it (and can´t break anything when moving the app.)
> It seems like that isn´t possible. I just googled the archives (well,
> I´d
> better done that earlier... :-) Silly me.) and found someone was
> suggesting
> creating an alias to the app. Maybe I´ll try that.

It possible. And I've posted about this before :-) I'm doing it this
way with revxml.bundle and revclips.bundle.

1) Set the externals property of your stack to refer to the new path,
relative to your app's executable:

--msg box
set the externals of this stack to
"your.app/Contents/Resources/revxml.bundle"

2) Build standalone and copy the revvideograbber.bundle into
your.app/Contents/Resources.

It's not necessary to pick the video grabber on the Inclusions tab of
the distribution builder.

Library bundles should always go inside the app bundle and hopefully
Rev will do it that way in the future.

Alex Rice, Software Developer
http://ARCplanning.com