Tabbed Buttons: how to change the name of the tabs by programmation?

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Mon Aug 4 10:33:00 EDT 2003

Hi François,

>> How! I'm completly unable to open the file on MacOSX
>> with Revolution 2.1!

Sounds like you are using a mac and looks like you need my famous
"Open sesame..." Plug-In, TADA... ;-)

Go to:

www.major-k.de/revstart.html

and scroll a little down the page...

Its free and works (will let you open ANY valid file of RR or MetaCard
Windows, *nix etc...

>> Anyway I think I have understood how are working the
>> tabbed button but...
>> How may I change the name of the tabs by
>> programmation? Is it a Tabbed property?
>> Thank you
>>
>> --------------
>> François Cuneo
>>

> Bonjour François,
>
> As tabbed buttons are basically menus, you have to set
> the 'text' property of the button either via script or
> via the Inspector palette.
>   Tab 1
>   Tab 2
>   Tab 3
>   Tab 4
>
> Suppose you want to disable the third item ; you can
> either use the command
>   disable menuitem 3 of btn "Foobar"
> or you can change the text property to
>   Tab 1
>   Tab 2
>   (Tab 3
>   Tab 4

You can even omit the "text" keyword :-)

put "no tab 2" into line 2 of btn "your_tab"

is enough info for the engine ;-)

> Hope this helped,

dito ;-)

> Jan Schenkel.