Tabbed Buttons: how to change the name of the tabs by programmation?

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 4 08:17:01 EDT 2003

--- François Cuneo <francois.cuneo at cuk.ch> wrote:
> [snip]
>
> How! I'm completly unable to open the file on MacOSX
> with Revolution 2.1!
> Anyway I think I have understood how are working the
> tabbed button but...
> How may I change the name of the tabs by
> programmation? Is it a Tabbed
> property?
> Thank you
>
> --------------
> François Cuneo

Bonjour François,

As tabbed buttons are basically menus, you have to set
the 'text' property of the button either via script or
via the Inspector palette.
  Tab 1
  Tab 2
  Tab 3
  Tab 4

Suppose you want to disable the third item ; you can
either use the command
  disable menuitem 3 of btn "Foobar"
or you can change the text property to
  Tab 1