Parsing XML

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 4 06:44:00 EDT 2003

--- Steve Anderson <Steve_Anderson at paradise.net.nz>
wrote:
> Hi there
>
> In my first go with Revolution I created a card with
> a button that when
> pushed would attempt to parse a simple XML file,
> unfortunately I
> encountered the following problems.
>
> 1.  Using the function revCreateXMLTreeFromFile,
> Revolution was unable
> to successfully parse my simple file, though it
> seemed to parse the XML
> tags fine when I used revCreateXMLTree instead.
>
> 2.  The handlers I included in the card's script for
> revStartXMLTree,
> revStartXMLNode, revStartXMLData, revEndXMLNode and
> revEndXMLTree
> messages were never fired, though the handlers for
> xmlStartDocument and
> xmlEndDocument messages were.  Surprisingly, I can't
> even find any info
> about xmlStartDocument and xmlEndDocument in the
> help.
>
> Where am I going wrong?! Any advice would be much
> appreciated.
>
> Regards
> Steve

Hi Steve,

Welcome to the Revolution :-)

Question 1. revCreateXMLTreeFromFile
  Appearently that function requires platform-specific
paths (see bugzilla #188); Tuviah from RunRev
indicated we should use revCreateXMLTree for now.

Question 2. callback messages
  Sorry, I haven't used those yet. Maybe someone else?

Hope this helped,

Jan Schenkel.

=====