Getting Started and Getting Info

Dan Shafer dan at shafermedia.com
Sun Aug 3 13:49:01 EDT 2003

On Sunday, August 3, 2003, at 06:43 AM, Tom Cole wrote:

> 2. The "window" that appears when Rev executes "answer" or "ask" goes
> clean
> across the screen. Can I make it more compact in shape and size like in
> HyperCard? That'd be nice.

My poor-man's solution has been to break the text message placed in the
dialog into pieces, glued together with returns:

answer "This otherwise too-long message" & return & "becomes more
managable" & return &  "when broken up by returns."

Kind of a kludge. I do wish Rev had a way of setting the size of the
dialog box, but it doesn't.

Another approach, of course, is to avoid the use of built-in ask/answer
dialogs and create separate modal and modeless windows where you can
completely control all the appearance stuff. I'm leaning more in that
direction for my own designs.