[OT] UML Tools for developing Revolution projects

Wolfgang M. Bereuter wmb at internettrainer.com
Sun Aug 3 13:07:00 EDT 2003

On Sonntag, Aug 3, 2003, at 03:44 Europe/Vienna, Igor Couto wrote:

>> I've just downloaded the Demo version of Inspiration, and will give
>> it a try!
>>

> After playing with Inspiration for an hour or so, it seems to me that:
>
> 1) Connection lines can have only 1 label
right but you can o a lot with textsymbols. You can fix the
linking-point (magnets) and use textsymbols to connect (go in) on one
side and go out in front of go in point. So you can do better Line
description than with the line description boxes

> 2) You cannot specify more than 1 text box per symbol
right. This kind of note box. But you can do here also do a lot with
textsymbols to an object with showing and hiding them

> Is that correct?

yes and no...

Imho OmniGraffle overall is much powerfull than Inspiration but
Inspiration does a few things better. One of that is fast linking.

But if you like you can send me an image of some of your bigger
structures you usually build thst I can better understand how it should
look like. And I check that if this is possible with Inspiration and
how complicated it is to rearrange the tree-structure ore update many
symbol connection...

Maybe its also worth to have a look at ConceptDraw...
http://www.cs-odessa.com.ua

regards
Wolfgang M. Bereuter

Learn easy with trainingsmaps©
INTERNETTRAINER Wolfgang M. Bereuter
Edelhofg. 17/11, A-1180 Wien, Austria
http://www.internettrainer.com, wmb at internettrainer.com
Tel: ++43/1/ 961 0418, Fax: ++43/1/ 479 2539