Getting Started and Getting Info

Dan Shafer dan at shafermedia.com
Sun Aug 3 12:53:00 EDT 2003

On Sunday, August 3, 2003, at 06:43 AM, Tom Cole wrote:

>  Is this thing for real or am I
> dreaming. Have I died and gone to heaven?

You have died and gone to Heaven. Welcome aboard. There are a lot of us
old HyperCard heads (well, perhaps not so many quite as old as me)
hanging about here and helping start the Revolution.

> I've got fantastic help from the ihug group but I don't ask questions
> there
> very often. With Rev, I would like to have the manuals but they seem
> out of
> print.

New manuals are, I think,forthcoming. A new release has just been
issued of the product and the docs online are about up to date, I
suspect, but it's a massive production job (1200 pages).

Also, my original HyperTalk book forms the basis for a new three-volume
set of eBooks and perhaps printed books that I'm planning to release
withiin a very short time now. (Volume 1 is almost ready for
production.)

> There are a lot of little questions I'd like answered, but it's
> easier for me to just grab a manual and look up my problem rather than
> flood
> the group with a lot of basic questions here. Should I just ask and ask
> here?

You should definitely ask here.

> 4. By the way, the dialog box for creating the distribution file is
> cut off
> at the bottom and I can only see the tip top of three buttons to
> click. Only
> one is active and I've been clicking the barely visible sliver of that
> button, but I don't know its name because it's cut off. What gives?

I *believe* this is fixed in the 2.1 beta. If you search the list
archive you'll find a way to fix this manually. It's trivial; I just
don't  have it at hand.

Welcome to the Revolution!