text-to-speech on WindowsXP

curry curry at pair.com
Sat Aug 2 00:16:00 EDT 2003

>Is there no way to attach to this in Rev? When I try the text-to-speech
>sample stack included with the Rev 2.0.1 folder (for Windows), it sees
>no voices available.

It's supposed to work with SAPI 4.x, not the 5 or Net or whatever. So
the end user needs to install the old version.

I installed SAPI 4.x with the old TTSPAK download offered with the
old externals, and it doesn't work right on XP. I need to remove that
and try again with the SAPI download from Microsoft's website. Can
you try it and see if it works? It should, and I'll try again too and
see if I can get it installed right on my computer.

Best wishes,

Curry