[OT] UML Tools for developing Revolution projects

Igor Couto igor at pixelmedia.com.au
Fri Aug 1 08:03:01 EDT 2003

I was wondering if anyone in this list uses UML diagramming tools to
help in development with Revolution.

If so, have you found that you have had to change the notation much/at
all?

Also - what UML tools do you use? Most of the tools seem to be directed
at generating object-oriented code, rather than diagramming. They all
seem to be cluttered with programming features, and have *very* poor
interface and diagramming features. The only *reasonable* diagramming
tool I've found so far is OmniGraffle I have found, however, that UML
diagrams require a level of flexibility that OmniGraffle does not have
(ie, linking LINES of text inside one class to another is not
possible). For UML use, it ends up being *extremely* limited in
functionality. This means that updating the diagrams is taking FAR too
long - and then we end up abandoning them altogether, as they become
more of a chore than a helpful tool...

I would be very interested in hearing other people's experiences with
UML, and its application to development with Revolution.

Many thanks, in advance, for your sharing.

Kind Regards,
--
Igor de Oliveira Couto
igor at pixelmedia.com.au