Uniencode fails on some chars

Kenji Kojima webart at kenjikojima.com
Tue Apr 29 09:12:01 EDT 2003

Ron,

> Maybe my hope
> that it would at least ignore it and continue is unrealistic.

I have just tried a few unicode text on Windows, but I think so too.

> BTW did you ever get a response to the difference between SJIS utf-8,
> and
> utf-16?

No, I have not.

I have to know the differences between them before import or drag and
drop unicode text into a field. Otherwise the converted text will be
mojibake,
if you are unlucky.  Especially UTF8 is very bad. Most of all time you
get
a rainbow cursor.  It's very heavy garbage text.

That is one of big problems.

--
Kenji Kojima
http://www.kenjikojima.com/