hiding/showing cursor

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 29 07:21:01 EDT 2003

--- DVGlasgow at aol.com wrote:
> In a message dated 23/4/03 5:02:42 PM, I wrote:
>
> << Message: 6
> From: DVGlasgow at aol.com
> Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 11:15:56 EDT
> Subject: showing cursor at specific locatiom
> To: use-revolution at lists.runrev.com
>
> Some time ago there was a mini-debate about how
> wrong it might be to hide a
> cursor then show it at a specific point.  After much
> dithering I found that
> for my purposes, it is what I need to do.
>
> The scripting solution that was posted was:
>
> set the screenMouseLoc to globalLoc(the location of
> button "neutral")
>
> Which worked fine, but now I find doesn't work in a
> Mac standalone, I have
> double checked and it still works in the original
> stack.  Is there something
> I need to include in the build to make it work? >>
>
> Unfortunately there were more interesting topics
> being discussed, and no-one
> bit.  I am really stuck with this.  Any help
> appreciated.
>
> Now I have a bit more info.  The problem also
> appears in a Win standalone
> (VPC 95).  The cursor is hidden as it should be.
> Whilst hidden, the above
> script runs.  Then the cursor is shown.
> Unfortunately, it appears where it
> was hidden before the screenmouseloc is set. BUT any
> clicks cause  mouseups
> at the location of button "neutral" as per script,
> not where the cursor is
> visible.  Any slight movement of the mouse and the
> next click occurs at the
> location of the visible cursor.
>
> Que Pasa?
>

> Best wishes,
>
> David Glasgow

Hi David,

As the saying goes: "Better late than never" -- let's
see if we can help you out with this.

1) screenMouseLoc on Mac doesn't work
-> if it's MacOSX, then you'll need RunRev >= 2.0

2) screenMouseLoc on VPC
-> I just tested this under Win2K and WinME, where it
works fine, so I think it's VPC ; unless it happens in
deployed apps as well?

Hope this gets you closer to solutions,

Jan Schenkel.

=====