Modal Box

Wilhelm Sanke sanke at hrz.uni-kassel.de
Mon Apr 28 17:36:01 EDT 2003

On Mon, 28 Apr 2003  Jim Hurley <jhurley at infostations.com> wrote:
(snip)

>   The cause is - as I see now - that the card handler of the Revolution  "Answer dialog" has the line
>
>   "case "MacOS"
>   set the loc of this stack to the screenloc"
>   set the top of this stack ..."
>
>   Two solutions that come to my mind
>
>   1. clone the answer dialog and remove the above script lines; then substitute the Rev "Answer Dialog" with your
>   corrected stack (I did not try this so far).
>
>   2. Ask the Revolution people to remove those lines.
>

> Thanks Wilhelm,
>
> That was the problem.
>
> Revolution is serious about the location for the dialog box on Mac
> OS. Not only are there the lines you mention in the preOpenStack
> script:
>
>    " case "MacOS"
>     set the loc of this stack to the screenloc"
>     set the top of this stack to round(item 4 of the screenRect/5)"
>
> But again at the end of the preOpenStack it repeated just to be sure:
>
>      "if the platform is "MacOS" then set the top of this stack to
> round(item 4 of the screenRect/5)"
>
> There are similar constraints in the "ask" dialog stack.
>
> Jim

Jim,

commenting the above scriptlines of the Rev Answer dialog did not help,
this case seems to be more complicated than expected.
There is a duplicate of the script stored as a custom property, a
scriptchecksum property etc. The Rev home stack is "invisible" and
password protected, so there is less possibility to customize your own
environment with Revolution than with Metacard.

I finally gave up (for the time being) and re-constructed an answer and
ask dialog for which you can set the loc

in Revolution and Metacard on Windows and Mac platforms.

You can find them on our FTP-server in folder

"ftp://ftp.hrz.uni-kassel.de/pub/uni-kassel/Zentraler.Medienbereich/Sanke/Metacard/MetacardPractice/",

stacks "newanswer-launch.mc" and "newanswer-launch.rev", which have the
substacks "newanswer" and "question".

There is another and older sample stack in the same folder for
customized modal dialogs - with 6 substacks - that show the use of
"dialogdata" and custom properties to transfer data from the modal
stack, but without tackling the problem of setting the loc of a modal
stack.

Regards,

Wilhelm Sanke