Strange behaviour of set the loc/set the rec (was 2.0 beta Bug?)

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 25 06:31:02 EDT 2003

--- "tkuypers at pandora.be" <tkuypers at pandora.be> wrote:
> I posted this already yesterday, but I hope somebody
> can confirm they have
> the same problem, or (hopefully) give me a
> solution...
>

> Stack 1 has got a group named ³MyGroup²
> This group has got 1 custom property: pNewLoc
>
> Stack 2 has got a button with the script:
>
> On mouseUp
>     Put ³MyGroupName² into vMyGroup
>     Copy group vMyGroup of stack ³Stack1² to stack
> ³Stack2²
>     Close stack ³Stack1²
>     put the pNewLoc of group vMyGroup into vLoc
>     set the loc of group vMyGroup to vLoc
> End mouseUp
>
> The group is placed in stack 2 and stack 1 is
> closed, no errors, but the
> position of the group remains unchanged...
>
> When I enter the "set the loc..." command from the
> messagebox it works fine
> When I enter the "set the loc..." command from a
> separate button it works
> fine as well
>
> Same problem goes for setting the rect...
>
> Any ideas, anybody?
> I guess this should work, but strangely enough is
> doesn't...
>
> Regards,
>
> Ton Kuypers

Hi Ton,

My best guess is that the defaultStack or topStack
aren't in order yet, so the engine is not quite sure
which group you're referring to -- if you're unlucky,
it might even think you're still talking about the
original one.

You could try this approach instead :
  put the long ID of group "MyGroupName" \
      into vMyGroup
  go stack "Stack 2"
  clone vMyGroup
  -- after clone, 'it' points to the new group
  set the loc of group it to the pNewLoc \
      of group it

Hope this helped,

Jan Schenkel.

=====