Can't build standalone for Windows only

Howard Bornstein bornstein at designeq.com
Thu Apr 24 17:31:01 EDT 2003

I've been using the Distribution builder in 2.0 B2.5 without problem.
Suddenly, while trying to build a Mac and Windows standalone, I'm getting
the following message:

"Can't open destination standalone file [file path]filename.exe"

This happens at the point the distribution builder is saying:

"Attaching standalone engine to [filepath]"

This only happens on the Windows build. The Mac build goes fine. I've
also got "Automatically download required software" checked. If I remove
the Windows engine from the Engines folder, to try to get it to download
a new Windows engine, the Builder reports: Downloading Engine: Error.

I went back to 2.0 pre-beta 4, where I had also had good success in
building standalones, and it's giving me the same messages.

Of course, I have a product due today and am leaving for vacation
tomorrow afternoon.

Any clues what's hanging up the build? I really need to get this done.
(Is anyone willing to email me a good Windows engine?)

Running under Mac OS 9.2.1.

Regards,

Howard Bornstein