Resolving Referenced Images

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Tue Apr 22 11:38:01 EDT 2003

Hi All,

OenoLog includes 300+ icons & other images.  Most, if not all, of
these images are referenced images, and that has worked well in that
I can modify images at will and replace the original image in the
image folder without having to touch the stack.

However, now that I have switched to Rev 2, I find that at least some
of my image references include the full path to the image instead of
just the image name.  Those references now fail because they include
"Revolution 1B5A7" instead of "Revolution 2.0 B1 OS9".

Upon further investigation, I find most of of my referenced images
resolve to the image name, but some resolve to a full path name,
including "1B5A7".  I'm not sure how this happened (referencing the
image when its folder was not the default folder?); but it suggests a
possible reason why images are lost when stack files are moved or
referenced from a standalone.

Up to now, my presumed fault whenever someone reports missing images
is failure to set the default folder to the folder containing the
images; however that won't help if the image resolves to a complete
file path.

If anyone encounters a situation where a referenced image is "lost",
open a card that includes the image in the Application Browser &
double-click on the image name.  If the Source field <> the Name
field, you have potential problems.

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company
http://www.oenolog.com/who.htm