Limits on Button Text

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Mon Apr 21 11:28:01 EDT 2003

Hi All,

I needed a place to store data passed to a dialog stack, and, being a
lazy foole, decided to put the data into the text of an unrelated
existing button rather than create a new control or variable.

What I found was 'set the text of button "Textholder" to rawData' put
only 39,667 of the 105,203 characters in rawData into the button
text.  When I added a field and put rawData into it I got all 105,203
characters.
--

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company