Test or Quiz Examples

Ken Norris pixelbird at interisland.net
Sun Apr 20 00:47:01 EDT 2003

**********
> Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2003 17:35:03 -0400
> Subject: Re: Test or Quiz Examples
> From: edutec <edutec at sympatico.ca>
>
>>> Somebody kindly point me in the direction of educational/training test or
>>> quiz examples made with Rev. -- All the better if the quiz has summative
>>> data (e.g., questions answered correctly, right answer, score).
>> ----------
>> Here's the most comprehensive set of RR plug-in tools I've seen for
>> education:
>> <http://www.messimercomputing.com/pTools.html>
>
> PreceptorTools still isn't shipping. Is it a plug-in?
----------
I don' t know...I just ran across it. No response from them?
----------
>> But there are dozens of HC stacks that what you want, which should be a
>> breeze to convert as long as they don't use type II XCMD's, or you can just
>> adapt the scripts.
>
> Actually, it is surprising how few RR quiz templates there are. I have not
> been able to find any x-script quiz that provides summative data.
----------
Which is why I steered you to the HC stuff. There's a ton of
educational/examination stacks out there because educators have been using
it for so many years. I'd say anything you can think of has probably already
been done. I even wrote one about 13 years ago myself, to help with learning
FAA regs, and for Civil Air Patrol cadets.

Perhaps I don't know exactly what you mean by "summative data". Couldn't you
just adapt something or roll your own (after all, that's why RAD tools like
Rev exist)?

Still trying to help,
Ken N.