stack corrupted?

Emmanuel Companys mcompanys at mac.com
Wed Apr 16 04:39:01 EDT 2003

Le mardi, 15 avr 2003, à 07:05 Europe/Paris, Jeanne A. E. DeVoto a
écrit :

> At 2:13 AM -0700 4/10/03, Emmanuel Companys wrote:
>> My stack (almost finished) is more and more behaving in a annoying
>> way:
> [annoyances deleted]
>> Is there any way to fix my stack or must I t redo it from scratch?
>> Any
>> idea of what may have caused this trouble?
>
> Are you sure that this is a problem with your stack? It sounds more
> like
> the development environment has been damaged somehow. I don't think a
> problem with the stack would cause these symptoms.
>
> I'd suggest downloading a new copy of Rev 1.1.1 and installing it, and
> re-entering your license key. Then try again with your stack and see
> whether this fixes the problems you're seeing.

Thank you, Jeanne.

In the meanwhile I re-made the sack from scratch, and things are OK,
except the option-command short cut, that stopped working after three
days. But some of the symptons shhowd up only when the old stack was
also opened.

I must say that my previous stack was begun with HyperCard, then
continued with RR 1.1. under macOS 9, then 1.1.1   and finally uder
macOS10.2. Couldn't theese change be a cause of the troubles? In my new
stack some object references dont behave as previously : the use of cd
and bg before btn and fld, and therefore, the number of the objects.

I didn't notice any problem with a previous stack started with RR 1.1
finished with 1.1.1 under classic and used now under macOS 10.2.4.

I'll eventually report my observations, since they might be usefull to
other users.

Manuel