external stacks

Chris Sheffield cm_sheffield at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 15 16:15:01 EDT 2003

I've got a couple questions about using external
stacks for storing data.

First of all, is it necessary to use the "start using"
command to use an external stack, or can it be
referred to with a path.  For example could I use a
command like:

get the myProperty of stack
"C:/myStacks/myExternalStack.rev"

My next question involves storing data in the external
stack (text, images, sounds, etc.)  If I access this
stack with 'start using' or 'go' or whatever, will all
it's content get loaded into memory?  Or just the
content of the card I specify?  I don't necessarily
want to open this stack in a window for users to see.
I just want to access the stuff inside it and
reference it in my open window.

Does any of this make sense?  :-)  I would appreciate
any help.

Thanks,

Chris Sheffield
Read Naturally