Windows API question

Jim Lambert jiml at netrin.com
Mon Apr 14 22:04:01 EDT 2003

hi List,

This is perhaps a bit off topic, but...

Is it possible in Windows for a Rev application that is in the background to
determine the currently selected text in the currently active window of the
currently active application?

More specifically, is it possible to have a user event that could pass the
text currently selected in any app to a rev app that is running in the
background?  The user event would have to be available system wide, e.g. a
functionkey, systray icon, a menuitem inserted into any menu that is invoked
by right-clicking, etc.

Suggestions and ideas are most appreciated! And since I don't code at that
level I'll be looking to hire someone who does.

Thanks,
Jim Lambert