binfile and custom properties

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Mon Apr 14 17:46:01 EDT 2003

Roger.E.Eller at sealedair.com wrote:

> This is my first attempt at using custom properties, but I have read on the
> list that it is possible to store binary data this way. I think it is
> partialy working, but is not being saved as a component of the stack. I
> want to do this so my app can be self-contained (no external files). Here
> is my script:
>
> on mouseUp
> put "C:/PDF_Files/masterForm.pdf" into masterPDFpath
> put URL ("binfile:"&masterPDFpath) into masterPDFvariable
> set the customPropertySet of stack "myStack" to myPDFs
> set the customProperties of stack "myStack" to myPDFs
> put masterPDFvariable into myPDFs[masterPDFform]
> save this stack
> answer myPDFs[masterPDFform]
> end mouseUp
>
> "answer myPDFs[masterPDFform]" returns the binary data the first time
> through, but if I comment out all but the last line (the answer command),
> it returns nothing even though I save the stack after putting the data into
> a custom property. Do you see what I am doing wrong? Thanks for any help.

If I read that correctly, the last line of your script is showing an array
_variable_, not the value you set in the stack.

Try:

 on mouseUp
   set the uPDFs[masterPDFform] of stack "MyStack" \
     to URL ("binfile:"C:/PDF_Files/masterForm.pdf)
   save stack "MyStack"
   answer the uPDFs[masterPDFform] of stack "MyStack"
 end mouseUp

Where is masterPDFform defined?  Is that a literal?

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World Media Corporation