Global variables & multiple stacks

Barry Levine themacguy at macosx.com
Mon Apr 14 10:43:01 EDT 2003

I have two separate stacks that have, up to this point, been compiled
as separate programs. I now need to combine them into one program so
I'll probably create a "splash screen" stack as a new project's main
stack and make the two (previously separate) stacks into sub-stacks of
the splash screen stack. (Any disagreement?)

What happens if I have identical global variables that I've
accidentally used in both (previously separate) stacks? Are global
var's truly global in that the data they hold are shared among all
sub-stacks? I think I know the answer (yes - which means I'll have to
change the var's in one of the stacks) but I wanted to ask anyway.

Are there variable types that are only "global" to a stack?

Thanks,
Barry