externals w/Rev v2

Kevin Miller kevin at runrev.com
Mon Apr 14 06:01:22 EDT 2003

On 11/4/03 8:24 pm, Rod Price <rod.price at trw.com> wrote:

> I'm evaluating revolution v2 for use in building a nice GUI front-end
> to some custom C code.  This C code implements a complex signal
> processing algorithm, and we would like to build a GUI for demos.
> So I have some questions:
>
> (1) I've tried to find documentation on the Externals SDK without
>    success.  I need to know what the interface to a Revolution
>    stack looks like on the C end.

We expect to ship additional documentation with, or shortly after, 2.0.

> (2) Are there charting libraries (line graphs, etc) out there for Revo-
>    lution?  Alternatively, can I use C-based charting packages within
>    Revolution?  That is, can I write a C wrapper for a C charting
> library
>    that will allow me to use the charting library as if it was a
> Revolution
>    component?

You can write a wrapper if you have access to the source.  It is quite
straightforward to do.

Kevin

Kevin Miller <kevin at runrev.com> <http://www.runrev.com/>
Runtime Revolution Limited: Software at the Speed of Thought
Tel: +44 (0) 870 747 1165.  Fax: +44 (0)1639 830 707.