initialize an static, local, script-wide variable to empty

Sarah sarahr at genesearch.com.au
Fri Apr 11 02:41:01 EDT 2003

It seems like you don't need a script-wide local if you have to
reinitialize it in every handler. If you don't want it to store it's
value for re-use, then just use the same name in each handler and it
will effectively re-initialize it every time without you having to do
anything.

Alternatively, you may have want to use the main handler in your script
to initialize the variable but then set it (in any of the script's
handlers) and have the new value available to all other handlers until
the next time the main handler is called. In this case, just put the
"put empty into sHolder" line in your main handler.

As far as I know, you can't initialize variables outside a handler.

Cheers,
Sarah
sarahr at genesearch.com.au
http://www.troz.net/Rev/